Surfing in Costa Rica at 9 weeks pregnant

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Almost there! As of this posting I'm 34 1/2 weeks, so close to the end! I really can't believe how fast it's gone. I still feel good, workouts feel about the same. Still have the nagging shoulder injury, I'm getting that checked out as soon as I have this baby girl. I've pretty much avoided any overhead lifting for almost 3 weeks now, not much improvement in my symptoms which mainly happen at night, not good. As promised the weight gain update as of last weeks 33 week checkup is 20 lbs. That really amazes me. I am certain that this is due to simply staying active and maintaining my Crossfit workouts with a 4 workout per week consistency. I've also maintained a healthy diet as well, but when I've wanted chocolate or sweets I've had them. Just goes to show that anything with moderation is OK. In closing I'm really starting to think about my postpartum return to exercise. In my convoluted mind I'm thinking I'm going to start back around 1-2 weeks (I don't put any pressure on myself or anything!). But I'm starting to recall those early days of having a newborn; the sleep deprivation, constant nursing, and how I'm going to do it this time with a 3 1/2 year old running around! I'm up for it though, very anxious to meet this new little one!

Last weeks workouts:

4 rounds: 400m row, 15 overhead squats 65# (preggo version of "Nancy")

"Helen" 400m row sub, 21 kettlebell swings 35#, 12 pull-ups

7x3 hang power cleans (I used dumbbells, no barbell cleaning for me anymore, belly is too big) 15,20,25,25,35,35,45

3 rounds: 10 front squats 65#, 10 push-ups (on parallette), 10 pull-ups

It's funny, but every time I do pull-ups I get so many comments from fellow gym members, about how they can't believe I'm still doing them. I say why not? Even with my "20 lb vest" on, they are still totally do-able, and remain one of the exercises I can do comfortably. I can't wait to see how many I can crank out consecutively postpartum. One of my goals is to break 20 by Jan 30, 2011!! My max rep pull-ups were 16 before this pregnancy so we'll see. I also plan on a sub 7 min "Fran" time, I haven't even done Fran since Sept of '09 so I hope so.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment